- 2013 Alignment Survey
- Sales and Marketing tips
- Sales and Marketing webinars
- Sales and marketing papers
- Sales and Marketing Plan
- Sales Funnel Calculator
- The Leaky Funnel
- Other books we love
- North America – East Coast
- North America – West Coast
- North America – Central
- North America – Canada
- Australia – NSW
- Australia - QLD
- Australia – VIC
- Europe - UK
- Europe – West
Sales and Marketing alignment
The alignment between Sales and Marketing is one of the main issues faced by business-to-business (B2B) companies worldwide. Businesses which enjoy strong Sales and Marketing alignment are:
- Outgrowing their competitors by 5.4%
- 38% better at closing proposals
- Churning 36% fewer customers each year
- Source: MathMarketing alignment benchmark study 2004/2005 : 1400 professionals : 84 countries
Sales and Marketing are often on different planets. Sales asks Marketing to do more advertising and run more events. Marketing thinks that Sales is out to lunch and fails to capitalise on all their hard work.
Senior management says they have to align; so they swap staff and try to be friends.
Unfortunately, simply being nice to each other is not the solution to gaining Sales and Marketing alignment.
So what do you align them to, and how do you do it? You need a solution which:
- Aligns Sales and Marketing to the buyer;
- Creates an agreed plan that outlines how each will operate; and
- Builds a common language and shared outcomes, strategies, processes and measures.
Alignment requires a complete sales and marketing planning solution.